Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Looking to upgrade your rig but have concerns about cost? Upgrading to an affordable pre-owned pickup is never expensive when you buy with Georgetown Auto Sales. Our constantly-evolving inventory prominently features many of the best used pickup buys in the U.S. as delineated by Autotrader.com.
Chevy Silverado: Thanks to a 2003 facelift, the Chevy Silverado has had a modern look for decades. Each subsequent model year of the Silverado offers impressive tech features and a choice between a V6 or three different V8 engines, so you’re never at a loss for towing power. Best of all, many of the Chevy Silverado’s available here at Georgetown Auto Sales are available for less than $15K.
Toyota Tacoma: The Toyota Tacoma’s no-nonsense interior and exterior styling have made it one of the most popular secondary-market trucks for decades. The truck’s impressive V6 engines are noted for their durability, and many offer up to 240-horsepower. 2005-2012 Tacoma also offers a wide variety of body styles for drivers to choose from.
Nissan Titan: Nissan Titan models from 2004 to 2009 boast a brawny 305-horsepower 5.6-liter V8, several body style choices and even a high-end LE model with leather upholstery. These trucks also have a solid reputation for durability and dependability, which is another reason why they’re so popular among drivers from Lexington and Georgetown.
Your rust-free, low-mileage, new-to-you pick up is waiting for you at Georgetown Auto Sales. Stop by today to check out all our models up close.
Purchasing a low-mileage pre-owned car, truck or SUV from Georgetown Auto Sales is a wonderful way to save on the first vehicle for your family’s new driver —but that doesn’t mean all pre-owned vehicles are equally suited to newly-licensed drivers. Which models are a safe, reliable choice when buying used?
- Avoid Buying ‘Too Much’ Vehicle: You’ll want to stay away from large pickup trucks and full-size SUVs, and for obvious reasons. These types of vehicles are difficult to handle even for experienced drivers. And because these types of vehicles often feature a lot of passenger space, that too could spell trouble. The more passengers on board, the more distracted your new driver is likely to be. Stick towards smaller pre-owned SUVs and crossovers like Honda CR-V, Kia Soul, and Mazda CX-3.
- Avoid Buying ‘Too Little’ Vehicle: Image-conscious teens may try to compel you into buying a pre-owned two-door convertible coupe, but don’t let them. Sports cars don’t merely increase the temptation to break speed limits, they also have a higher rate of accidents, and carry higher insurance premiums —especially for young drivers.
- Prioritize Key Safety Features: Safety features like electronic stability control and side curtain airbags protect against common errors made by young drivers, namely oversteering and poor traffic navigation. Systems like forward-collision warning and automatic emergency braking are also optimal. Be sure to review the safety ratings of any vehicle your considering to make sure they’re as optimal as can be —many vehicles manufactured after 2010 feature some or all of these features.
Need help with your next pre-owned vehicle purchase? The Georgetown Auto Sales team is here to help. Visit our headquarters this week to explore our inventory and to have your questions answered by our team of used vehicle pros.
While new car dealerships can often make you feel like a number on a clipboard, the Georgetown Auto Sales team strives to make your car purchasing experience different. We pride ourselves on offering our clients a relaxed, informative shopping and purchasing experience each time they visit us, which is likely why drivers from across greater-Georgetown and nearby Lexington have relied on our constantly-updated inventory of pre-owned car, truck, and SUV specials for years.
- Transparency: At Georgetown Auto Sales, what you see is what you get. We don’t hide details about our inventory or the cost of our vehicles behind confusing sales terms and fine print. In fact, you’re free to do your own research to see that we stand behind both the quality of the vehicles we sell and our dedication to customer service.
- Camaraderie: Without pressure from a national headquarters to push certain models or achieve outrageous annual sales goals, our team is free to be your friend in the automotive business, helping to get you an affordable price on the vehicle that works best for you, your commute, your family, or your small business.
- Confidence: Just taking a test drive at a big brand dealership can mean you’ll be inundated with purchase offers for months, if not years. Spam, junk mail, they won’t stop until they’ve got you back again. When you shop with Georgetown Auto Sales, we make the process discreet, informative, and relaxing —and we’ll never spam you.
Ready to learn how shopping at a used car dealership is different? Visit Georgetown Auto Sales this week. We can’t wait to meet you.
The used car market here in greater Georgetown, KY is filled with options, but how do you know if the car you’re getting is a good vehicle? How do you know it will be reliable, or efficient; luxurious or capable? Whatever qualities you’re looking for out of your used car, you have options, even when on a tight budget. This is especially true when you shop our vehicles under $10,000 here at Georgetown Auto Sales. We’ve compiled a collection of capable, reliable, versatile vehicles for less than ten grand that offer you a variety of qualities you’re looking for you’re your next car, truck, or SUV!
U.S. News’ Best Used Cars Under $10,000
U.S. News And World Report’s “Best Used Cars Under $10,000” list includes the following models:
- Honda Accord
- Audi A3
- Mercury Milan
- Ford Fusion
- Honda Fit
- Subaru Outback
- Saturn Aura
- Scion xB
- Toyota Prius
Our Used Under $10,000 Inventory
At any given time, you’re bound to find the above models and vehicles very similar to them in terms of features, durability, and of course price among our bargain inventory. Whether it’s a pickup you need to complete the daily grind or a bargain-priced SUV for the whole family, or maybe a more traditional sedan, we have the used car you want around Lexington KY and Winchester KY, at a price that won’t break the bank.
Serving Frankfort, Nicholasville and beyond, we hope to provide all our customers with only the highest quality used vehicles. That’s as true for our pre-owned inventory at large as it is for our under $10,000 inventory. Do you have any questions about a car you’ve seen online? Contact us today. We’re happy to help however possible!
So you’re in the market for a used vehicle around Georgetown, KY. Chances are, you’re both extremely excited to get into your next set of wheels and also somewhat nervous about the negotiation and procurement process. Not to worry – here at Georgetown Auto Sales, serving Frankfort, Lexington KY, and the surrounding areas, we’re here to help. Below, we’ve compiled a handy guide to help you navigate what may seem like the murky waters of the car buying process. By the time you’re done reading, we hope you’ll have gained some knowledge about the process that inspires you to go forth and negotiate confidently!
One of the first ways to arm yourself when negotiating for a used vehicle is to know the industry lingo. Common terms include:
- Asking Price: What the seller is asking (negotiable)
- Dealer Retail Price: The highest (and often the most highly visible) price (also negotiable). This price is often based off Kelley Blue Book Value, Edmunds True Market Vlue (TMV® price), or other prices that have been based off real market transactions
- Kelley Blue Book Price/Book Price: Also known as “book value”, this price by Kelley Blue Book takes into account many factors.
- TMV® Price: This price by Edmunds is similar to the “book value” of a car, and also takes into account many factors.
- Trade-in Price: The price offered to you for your trade-in vehicle; often based on auction prices, vehicle condition, and more (negotiable)
- Wholesale Price: Not unlike the “invoice price” of a new car, this price is what the dealer paid for the used car, and is the rock-bottom. Selling for wholesale price is uncommon and results in no profit for the dealer.
Be respectful and confident when negotiating for your next used vehicle. Know that the book price or TMV® price are just some values dealers use to help them set price. Make sure you do your homework on the vehicle in question, though, looking up its estimated market values on sites like Kelley Blue Book, Edmunds, or NADA. When it’s time to negotiate, write down the offers you receive from the dealer and make sure to go slowly. Also be sure to ask for the “out the door price” – the price that includes sales tax and other dealer fees. Best of luck finding a used vehicle that fits your needs at a price that fits your budget!
Have questions about a particular car you’ve seen among our used inventory? Contact us online or by phone today! Serving everywhere from Winchester, KY to Nicholasville and beyond, here at Georgetown Auto Sales, we want to make your car-buying experience as hassle-free as possible! As such, we look forward to assisting you however we can!
Finding a quality vehicle for your family at an affordable price is not supposed to be a difficult feat, but some dealerships make it so. This is why we are pleased to carry a variety of used SUVs under $15,000 so our customers can indulge in great features with a low monthly payment. Here are our top picks for models that our Georgetown, KY, Frankfort, Lexington, KY, Winchester, KY, and Nicholasville customers will enjoy.
- Toyota RAV4: The Toyota brand is known for being reliable and for long-lasting models, and this SUV is no different. With great features and a low price, we're sure it's going to be a hit with you.
- Ford Explorer: If you need more space, the Explorer is your ticket to soccer games, hiking trails, and whatever life throws at you. These models are also reliable and have won awards for this exact reason.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee: Fuel efficient and full of great features, the Grand Cherokee is one of America's favorite SUVs for a reason.
To test drive one of these or any other exciting and affordable used SUVs under $15,000, contact our team or stop by and see how we can best serve you. We look forward to providing you with the quality care that you deserve.
— U.S. News Cars (@USNewsCars) August 6, 2017
The first step to knowing how a monthly car payment is calculated is know what an auto loan is. An auto loan is known as an amortizing loan, this means that a creditor lends you the principal (cost of the car) and you pay the creditor back plus interest through equal payments over the loans life time. In short, an auto loan is paid back through monthly payments that remain the same as interest and principal decrease.
The amortization calculation
Your monthly car payment is determined through the amortization calculation. The information that you need for this calculation is the amount of the loan, the interest rate per month, and the total number of months that you will be paying. The amortization formula uses these figures to determine what your monthly car payment will be throughout the life time of the loan. You can quickly find out your estimated monthly payment using our auto loan calculator after you find the perfect vehicle in our used inventory at our Georgetown, KY used car dealership new Frankfort. If you have questions about a car loan you can always come by our dealership where we help customers from Lexington, KY, Winchester, KY, and Nicholasville.
A question that many drivers ask themselves when researching a used vehicle that they really like is “can I get a car loan on used cars?” well the answer is yes! Although that is only the short answer, there are many factors that you should consider when looking at buying a used car with a loan. That’s why we have assembled this list of tips to help you out when you’re seeking a loan for a used car.
Used Car Loan Tips
- Know Your Credit: This may seem trivial, but it is important to know what your credit looks like because it will affect your ability to get a loan.
- Shorten Your Loan Term: One of the best things to do when buying a used car with a loan is putting more money down. This shortens the term of the loan and in-turn saves you money.
- Find Lower Rates: Finding the lowest rates on a loan can be tiring and a mountainous task in itself. You don’t have the time to be shopping around for the lowest rates so be sure to use a service like our finance center where you can apply for financing online and our team of finance experts can go to work for you to find the best possible rates!
When it comes to getting a car loan for a used car be sure to follow these simple tips and you can get financing for your next vehicle. If you want a more personal touch to your financing experience be sure to visit us at our dealership in Georgetown KY near Frankfort and Lexington, KY where we serve drivers from Winchester, KY and Nicholasville.
When browsing our pre-owned inventory, it's important to keep in mind that there are many factors affecting your decision to buy, and we're sure you have an idea in mind about what your next vehicle should be. This is why we're taking the time to fill you in on a few tips when shopping for a used car at our dealership. Keep these things in mind while you shop, and contact our team today to discuss any questions or concerns.
- Model Year: Our team recommends staying within a 2-3 year model year time frame so you can have the safety features and entertainment technology that you need for distraction-free driving. Many models older than that do not offer Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity.
- Mileage: A model that has been driven for 100,000 miles but meticulously maintained is different than one that has been driven for half the miles, but neglected. The numbers aren't as important as service history, so be sure to look deeper into the vehicle's service history.
- Vehicle History: Has the model been involved in a collision? Has it suffered flood damage? These are things you need to know in order to stay ahead of any hidden issues that may have resulted in some traffic accidents or environmental damages.
Once you've found the models you're interested in taking for a test drive, contact us or stop by and we will help you to make owning these models a reality.
Whether your budget is a bit on the low side, or you simply enjoy the thrill of finding a great vehicle at a low price, we encourage you to browse models under $10,000 here at our dealership in Georgetown, KY serving Frankfort, Lexington, KY, Winchester, KY, and Nicholasville. These used cars, trucks, and SUVs are sure to be a winner for drivers seeking that delicate balance of quality and price.
Our team has taken the time to put together this selection of models that we believe are the best representation of their brand. We encourage you to keep in mind that there are many factors to consider while shopping, such as the mileage, vehicle history, and overall brand reputation that provide a better idea of how the model will support you through the years. Here are our top picks:
- Honda Accord: These models are notorious for being economical, dependable, and they hold their value very well.
- Toyota Camry: These cars have proven repeatedly to last a long time, plus they offer great gas mileage.
- Hyundai Sonata: These models are priced affordably so drivers can get quality without a hefty price tag. These cars also have a lot of great features available.
Take a few moments to browse our inventory and then tell our team which models stand out the most and we'll set up a test drive for you to see for yourself how these vehicles can prove their quality. Stop by today and you'll be impressed.
— U.S. News Cars (@USNewsCars) September 27, 2017